1st Grade

1st Grade

Friday, March 18, 2016

STEAM Giraffe challenge


Three rules, 10 pipe cleaners, one bonus challenge and 26 first graders! What do you get? Some awesome giraffes engineered by six and seven year olds. Enjoy!












Mackenzie- I really liked it because we got ours to stand up.
Aabha- I really liked the giraffe building because we got to work together and I got an experience.
Justin- Me and Colin worked together and my friends kept asking "what's your secret" and we said we just tried. Me and Colin did two giraffes and one had ossicones and one didn't.
Erik- I liked it because my second giraffe worked but the first one didn't.
Zachary- I didn't like it because we tried 100 times but the giraffe wouldn't stay up.
Mahit- I didn't like our giraffe because it was very small.
Braden- My one thing I didn't like is it took a lot of time to think about it but what I did like is that it started to stand up when we we thought about it a little more.

2 comments: